commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [ALL] Maven plugins common configuration.
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 16:49:48 GMT
Artem Barger wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Jörg Schaible <
> joerg.schaible@bpm-inspire.com> wrote:
>

>> The reactor of Maven does not consider plugins itself or dependencies to
>> plugins for its build order (by design). To support something like this,
>> you
>> will have to produce a released artifact first.
>

> ​In that case I guess following tutorial has a bug:
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/examples/multi-module-config.html

No, it uses a released version as dependency. You're currently using a
SNAPSHOT version that is part of the same reactor and should be build first
(apart from the fact that the dependencies of a plugin are resolved at a
completely different stage).

When you've built the subproject once (i.e. you have such a SNAPSHOT version
in your local repo), the situation is slightly different, but you will
probably not using the correct SNAPSHOT version.

Cheers,
Jörg