commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@bpm-inspire.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Maven plugins common configuration.
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:36:29 GMT
Hi Artem,

Artem Barger wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Jörg Schaible <
> joerg.schaible@bpm-inspire.com> wrote:
>
>> You may put both parts into an own profile that is activated
>> automatically at the extistence of pmd/pmd-ruleset.xml. Each component
>> has then a chance to use it or not simply by providing that file.
>>

> ​Not sure I follow you in the given context. I mean why one would create a
> profile for
> pmd plugin activated on presence of​ rule set xml?

Because you must have a mechanism to trigger the e.g. the PMD plugin
individually, if you put the declarationsof it into the commons parent
(pluginManagement as well as report).

> I just wanted to put all these configurations for build plugins which
> executed during
> "mvn site" into some common place and reuse them later.

So you've put all those configuration *files* into this new artifact? Can
those plugins access their configuration files when provided as resource?

Cheers,
Jörg