commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Get things moving with "random utilities"
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:18:15 GMT
Hello Bruno.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 20:57:04 +0000 (UTC), Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:
> Hi Gilles,
>
> Definitely interested in helping and learning more about random
> (number|string|object|etc) generators.
>
> Are there any specific tasks that others can jump in and help with?

In the yet-to-be-named "Commons <random utilities>" component,
everything is up for grabs, from extracting the relevant bits
from "Math" and "Lang", to proposing an all-encompassing
framework (if people think they can achieve it...).
The scope is open-ended (or should be defined if there is a
willingness to impose some limit).

> Once the new component has been set up,

For this, we should start with settling on a name, so that INFRA
can create a repository with that name.

  * Random Utilities
  * Random Utils
  * Random Tools
  * ...

?

> I'd be happy in trying to work
> on code related to LANG-1196 and LANG-1254.

Thanks!

Regards,
Gilles