commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Porr <m...@berndporr.me.uk>
Subject Re: [complex] commons-complex module
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 22:49:23 GMT
Hi all,

I agree that 'filter' is slightly problematic but I'd say because it's
been used in different contexts and often misleading. However, I cannot
think of a better word. That also depends where we place 2D image
processing. They are also called filters. For IIR , Kalman(and possibly
FIR) filters these are causal digital filters as they essentially behave
as an analogue circuit in a digital form. For the casual (!) user of
filters they'd probably just look for a filter...

/Bernd

--
http://www.eigenproductions.co.uk
http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk