commons-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Ch <gchau...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] Improvements
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 15:46:54 GMT
Dear Daemon's developers,

I'm working on some improvements for Apache Daemon on my Github fork of
your mirror and I would like to know your opinions about these
changes/involvements :
- Removing MSVC specific features (e.g try/catch);
- Building C sources with MinGW for windows; [1]
- Migrating Makefiles to CMake scripts. I can build with any C compilers
supported by CMake generators (and supporting resource files).

What I plan to do for a major version (except if you considered these
features as useless):
- Remove CMake and Maven and use Gradle instead;
- Create a Java interface independent of any platforms;
- Pruning useless features when the previously mentioned interface will be
functional (e.g declaring start/stop methods etc.);

Another idea :
- Publish executables to mvn repository

Best regards;

[1] I'm testing generated targets, requires some time to finish this task.