commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] To Java 7
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 13:41:02 GMT
Keeping open a maintenance branch for 3.5 sounds like a good idea. If it
really does end up taking over a year before a 3.6 release needs to be
made, then Java 6 may be a moot point by then. Either way, it sounds like
migrating to Java 7 for a 3.6 release isn't a bad idea unless it turns out
there are no useful API additions that can be made without jumping to Java
8.