commons-dev mailing list archives

From don jeba <donj...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [TEXT] TEXT-10 A more complex Levenshtein distance
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 10:44:29 GMT
Hi Bruno,
Thank you for the review.
The one in lang gets only the distance (insert+delete+substitute). To get the individual
values, (my understanding is), I need to iterate the diagonal elements in matrix, also need
to know the elements at the left and top of the diagonal element to find whether its an insertion
or deletion or substitution. Considering this I have used 2 dimensional array.
Regards,
Don Jeba.

      From: Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
 To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>; don jeba <donjeba@yahoo.com>

 Sent: Monday, 17 October 2016 7:37 AM
 Subject: Re: [TEXT] TEXT-10 A more complex Levenshtein distance

Hi Don Jeba,

I will have a look at your implementation to compare with a recent improvement in [lang]
https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/78134f6b3f1facd019e604d2cd000c4ce7cf9a0a/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/StringUtils.java#L7710

Instead of keeping a matrix (or even only two rows) the current version in StringUtils keeps
just one array and a couple of helper temporary variables.

Not sure if we can re-use it, adding the new features in TEXT-10 (i.e. insert/delete/substitution
counts), but if possible that'd be better.

Cheers
Bruno