commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: [TEXT] TEXT-10 A more complex Levenshtein distance
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 02:07:24 GMT
Hi Don Jeba,

I will have a look at your implementation to compare with a recent improvement in [lang]
https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/78134f6b3f1facd019e604d2cd000c4ce7cf9a0a/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/StringUtils.java#L7710

Instead of keeping a matrix (or even only two rows) the current version in StringUtils keeps
just one array and a couple of helper temporary variables.

Not sure if we can re-use it, adding the new features in TEXT-10 (i.e. insert/delete/substitution
counts), but if possible that'd be better.

Cheers
Bruno