commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RNG] modules vs projects
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:17:19 GMT
Le 27/09/2016 à 01:14, Gilles a écrit :

> An additional module in Commons RNG will not help, as was noticed
> some time ago: it won't be possible/allowed to release the modules
> separately.
>
> I don't want to have to release a major version of Commons RNG
> just because accessory tools requires it.
> Users should not wonder with each new version whether there was
> a bug or a change in the core functionality.

Multi-module projects are quite common and the case you mention isn't
unusual. I don't think this is a blocking issue. Even if only one of the
modules has changed it's possible to publish a new release. And if all
modules evolve continuously a few release processes are saved compared
to a multi-project approach.

Emmanuel Bourg