commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [RNG] How to write Javadoc (Was: ... commit: Fixed the javadoc errors with Java 8)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 23:37:37 GMT

Thanks for the non-trivial details that make the change
understandable.

It would have been nice to post this information on the ML,
before applying the changes.
The more so that the issue was encountered by several people
in different components, and IIRC now, the consensus (or
workaround) had been to indeed disable "doclint".

With this new specification (where laziness is not forgiven),
it is even more important than it was (when I raised the
issue, and nobody gave a damn) to decide together how to
layout Javadoc comments (so that they are both readable in
code and compliant).

I've used <p></p> to create a _paragraph_:
  "a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing
   with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation,
   or numbering"

Your usage of <p>, even if compliant with the HTML spec, does
not comply with the above definition, and makes the Javadoc
difficult to read.

Is there an HTML element which we can use to make a paragraph
(that would allow sample code or a list within it)?

Gilles