commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move Site from CMS to Git
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 21:01:00 GMT
CMS uses SVN but is not the same thing.

I think there are 3 ways to publish a site:

svnpubsub - i.e. generate and upload site to the appropriate SVN tree
and it will automatically get published
This is what Commons uses currently

CMS + svnpubsub: This uses CMS to maintain the site; after editting
the site using CMS it is automatically built to a staging area which
can then be published.
This is what the www.apache.org site uses (though one can also
edit/publish manually).
It won't work for Commons because of the multiple sub-sites.

gitpubsub - AFAIK this is the same as svnpubsub but using Git

On 15 September 2016 at 20:21, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I migrated Log4j to the CMS because Infra basically said it was the only supported way
to publish an ASF web site.  Has that changed? Is there a new, documented way to use git for
that?