commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] Towards 3.5
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:59:28 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 1:36 AM, Charles Honton <chas@honton.org> wrote:

> There are multiple causes to LANG-1265.  The two I have traced look like
> incomplete locale/timezone data from the CLDR provider.  I recommend
> moving  forward on 3.5 release without solving LANG-1265.

I agree with Chas here, that SimpleDateFormat.parse is causing this issue
based upon his comments in LANG-1265. I suppose we have two routes that we
could follow: (1) put in some variety of hack that looks for the locales
that currently fail in SimpleDateFormat and avoids creating those in the
unit tests/implementations while running on Java 9 or (2) open an issue
with the jdk community specifying the bug.

Any thoughts?

-Rob