commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [codec] ready for a release
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 01:22:14 GMT
A bit better now; I removed the 3 (!) <U+FEFF> BOMs in changes.xml,
upgraded the commons parent version and findbugs version.

Ubuntu 16.04

mvn clean install site with OpenJDK 8 works.

mvn clean install with OpenJDK 9 works.

Ubuntu 14.04

 mvn clean install with Java 6 works.

But I can't do "mvn site" with Java 6 due to newer checkstyle (from
Commons Parent)

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.4:site (default-site) on
project commons-codec: Execution default-site of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.4:site failed: An API
incompatibility was encountered while executing
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.4:site:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/maven/plugin/checkstyle/CheckstyleReport : Unsupported
major.minor version 51.0

which I think is OK - we already discussed this when releasing parent 41.

On 17 September 2016 at 11:23, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 16/09/2016 à 00:49, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>> I'd like to start a release for [codec]. If you want to review the code
>> now, please do so.
>
> I tried to build the site but the BOM in changes.xml crashed the changes
> plugin, and clirr is unable to run for some reason. The changes look good.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718