commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Commons Report Due
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 01:48:22 GMT
Oops, here it is:

The Apache Commons project focuses on all aspects of reusable Java
components.

The Apache Commons components are widely used in many projects, both within
Apache and without. Any ASF committer can commit to Apache Commons.

The last report was on June 7 2016.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues that requires the boards attention this quarter.

## Activity:
 - The project is active with 4 releases this reporting period. One new
 component being is being readied for release (Commons RNG) and another
 component is still in limbo (Commons Math.) after having been forked.
 Commons RDF is slowly making its way through the incubator.

 - The Commons community has decided to bring forth and maintain a new
 component, Commons RNG, out of the larger Commons Math code base, which is
 has seen no activity in the last quarter. The future of Commons Math is
 still uncertain and being discussed from time to time.

## Health report:
 - Most components in Commons are mature, but are still actively
 maintained (4 releases). The dev list is active. JIRA is active. Speed of
 and Commons is still open to any Apache Committer.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 35 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Stian Soiland-Reyes on Wed May 18 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 142 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Artem Barger was added as a committer on Sun Aug 14 2016
    - Rob Tompkins was added as a committer on Mon Aug 22 2016
    - Eric Barnhill was added as a committer on Tue Sep 06 2016
    - Matt Sicker was added as a committer on Wed Jul 27 2016

## Releases:

 - BCEL-6.0 was released on Wed Jul 13 2016
 - COMPRESS 1.12 was released on Mon Jun 20 2016
 - CONFIGURATION-2.1 was released on Fri Aug 19 2016
 - CRYPTO-1.0.0 was released on Mon Aug 08 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - The stats below show no significant change since last quarter.
 The dev list is active. Speed of responses to users is reasonable
 in most cases.

 - dev@commons.apache.org:
    - 680 subscribers (down -7 in the last 3 months):

 - issues@commons.apache.org:
    - 301 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):

 - notifications@commons.apache.org:

 - user@commons.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: