commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2/3] commons-rng git commit: foreach loops
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 23:37:02 GMT
Le 28/09/2016 à 17:41, Gilles a écrit :

> The array indexing was left on purpose (for debugging).
> Please revert.

Well, that wasn't really explicit, I'd suggest putting a comment the
next time to materialize your intents.

I made another modification to the tests and the index is now reported
when an assertion fails. Is this better?

> In general, could you please stop these unilateral changes?
>
> Some are going to turn out fine, some are not.
>
> Most are not trivial to figure out, even if they may look so
> to you.

Gilles, please relax and trust the other members here. It's great that
you review all commits but requiring your permission before committing
anything is excessive. Arguing all the day for minor changes is
exhausting and counter-productive.

> Right now, I've been drowned by cosmetic changes that could hide
> more substantial ones.

Good news I think I'm done with the cosmetic changes. I'll start working
on the non trivial stuff now, on a feature branch of course.

Emmanuel Bourg