commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EL] 11 year old issue just got a new comment
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 10:11:34 GMT
On 24/09/2016 10:58, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looks like somebody ran into an eleven year old issue in Commons EL [1]. I
> never saw any activity/discussion around EL for the time I've been active
> at Commons. Does anybody know what's the state of EL?

It targets JSP 2.0 so it is several specification versions out of date
for starters.

Updated implementations are available (as independent JARs) from Tomcat.
JSP 2.1
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.tomcat%7Cjasper-el%7C6.0.45%7Cjar

EL 2.2
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.tomcat%7Ctomcat-jasper-el%7C7.0.72%7Cjar

EL 3.0
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.tomcat%7Ctomcat-jasper-el%7C8.5.5%7Cjar

I'd recommend closing down Commons EL and pointing folks to Tomcat's
implementation.

Mark