commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] Creating a class of number theory tools
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 23:10:59 GMT
Hi.

Thanks for offering to contribute to Commons Math.

However, this is a quite advanced topic, and I don't
know whether Commons Math is the right place for this
functionality.
Could you provide more background information about
who (or what applications) are the potential users
for these algorithms?

Please note that this is not outright rejection, but
we are severely lacking human resources to manage the
existing codebase[1] and discussions are ongoing as to
how best continue this project.

My personal opinion is that all well-defined topics
(such as your proposal might be) should be developed
in their own component.[2]

Best regards,
Gilles

[1] See the "dev" ML archives if you'd like to know
     how this happened.
[2] See the archives, too.