commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [rng] Re: commons-rng git commit: Do not output checkstyle error to the console.
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 21:38:51 GMT
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 00:25:15 +0300, Artem Barger wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Gilles
> <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Artem,
>>
>> You have introduced spurious blank spaces.
>>

> ​Actually I've removed them.​

Ah, OK. Sorry; I had the "diff" arguments in revers order.

Anyways, when you do that, do it in a separate commit.
We should avoid mixing formatting changes with contents change.

>> You should perform
>> $ git diff --check
>>
>> You committed a file ("checkstyle.xml") unrelated to the
>> commit message...
>>

> ​My IDE by default removing trailing whitespaces. Will ​adjust my
> configs
> to not doing this next time.

Removing spurious space is fine.

But you should perhaps adjust the config to not automatically commit
every changed file.

Gilles