commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] Who is having a look at DAEMON?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 16:59:32 GMT
On 18/08/2016 17:36, sebb wrote:
> I have done some work on it in the past, and even made some fixes to
> the assembler code IIRC.
>
> The Java code is trivial.
> The assembler ('C') code is complicated in places and has limited documentation.
>
> However the main problem is the Windows build.
> It needs special handling to ensure it links correctly with the
> Windows libraries.
>
> I never managed to produce a viable build.

I've never tried but I suspect the process is similar to the one used
for the Tomcat Native Connector. I have detailed step-by-step
instructions for that on the Tomcat wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Building+the+Tomcat+Native+Connector+binaries+for+Windows

I suspect using the same toolset will work with DAEMON given that Mladen
used to do the Tomcat Native builds and, as far as I recall, has done
the most recent Daemon releases.

Mark