commons-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net>
Subject Re: commons-rng git commit: CheckStyle.
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 06:02:34 GMT

> 11 авг. 2016 г., в 2:08, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> написал(а):
>
> I would guess that we would want to be compatible with the oldest version of Java possible
dictated out of necessity. By that I mean if there's something of considerable substance that
a newer version affords us, then we should upgrade. But that's only really the thought that
runs through my head. I'm not really tied to it.

I think it could make sense to provide support to something similar to SplittableRandom while
releasing a new PRNG components within commons. Which available from JDK 1.8.