commons-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net>
Subject [MATH]: Current state of project?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 02:58:02 GMT
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since there was a lot of hot discussion regarding the
future of the CM project, however I do not think that clear agreement was
reached. The reason I'm wondering is because I'd like to contribute to the
project and in fact already did, but doesn't looks like it gonna be
accepted/checked any soon.

I have reported following issues and provided PR with proposed fixes:

1. [MATH-1374] - https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/37
2. [MATH-1372] - https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/36
3. [MATH-1371] - https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/35

Reported and attached small improvement [MATH-1378].

Also I have some work in progress related to [MATH-1330].

I've been asking couple of times here in ML to review or suggest any
improvements for bugs I've reported and PR proposed, but apparently things
is not moving forward I guess due to the fact that there didn't remained
any active committers/contributes.

Is there any decision has been made? Is Math project could be considered as
"dead" and no more future development is going to happen?

I'm still willing to contribute to the project, but I'm really concern of
current "frozen" state, since it feels that any submition of changes or
reporting bugs to the project goes directly to "/dev/null".

Best regards,
                      Artem Barger.