commons-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net>
Subject Re: [MATH]: Current state of project?
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 13:00:20 GMT
On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> wrote:

> So based upon all of the conversation here, I’ve concluded that the best
> path forward is to attempt to grow the community inside commons. That’s why
> I’m sticking with attempts to make contributions elsewhere in commons to
> gain the requisite rapport for committer status. Once I’ve accomplished
> that, then we’ll have two sets of hands to help here.

​While I can imagine myself contributing to other commons projects, it
still sounds a bit weird to me, contributing in one place just to
eventually get a mandate to be able to make the contribution in ​different
place.

> Further it seems that we’ve gotten ourselves into a vicious cycle sort of
> place, in that to gain a community we need a mechanism to quickly get
> commits into the component, but to do that we need more devoted committers
> (i.e. a larger community).
>
> Any thoughts here?

​I still full of hope to make my way directly into math without seeking for
alternatives. :)))​

Best regards,
                      Artem Barger.