commons-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net>
Subject [lang] LANG-1110
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2016 00:48:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm planning to work on LANG-1110, since it's pretty related to my other
work I did for RNG project lately. Because this issue assumes adding JMH
benchmark instead of the  test which practically implements benchmarking, I
though it will be reasonable to start form adding JMH dependency. Therefore
created LANG-1256 and provided a PR:
https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/182 (will be glad to hear
comments).

So my main question, whenever LANG-1110 requires to literally replace
"HashSetvBitSetTest" with JMH benchmark or just add a benchmark based on
JMH and leaving original test as is, since it check different assumption
and asserts the code. Or is there was an additional purpose?

PS. Also it looks like many common projects either already using JMH or
considering to add it to the arsenal of tools. Isn't better to add it to
parent pom.xml so everyone will have it?

Best regards,
                      Artem Barger.