commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [MATH]: Current state of project?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 06:59:23 GMT

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 4:00 PM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
>

> Most PMC members seem to wish that CM becomes dormant.
> I totally agree with you that it would be good to have _that_
> clarified.

I have no idea how that is your takeaway from all the discussions. The point I have tried
to make is that CM needs a community of committers, not just you. My position has always been
that having discussions about what to do with the code is a waste of time when you are the
only committer doing anything. Moving Math to the incubator would have allowed you to have
a much lower barrier to add new committers, but you didn’t really want to discuss doing
that.  So here we are.

Ralph