commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 2.1 based on RC2
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 19:38:05 GMT

Am 01.08.2016 um 11:04 schrieb Dennis Kieselhorst:
> Hi Benedikt!
>
>> The build log is here [1]. It looks like some generated classes are checked
>> by checkstyle which causes the build to fail. The build works with Java 7
>> and Java 8. So my vote again is -1 because I think mvn clean install should
>> work with the minimum required JDK out of the box. Sorry.
>>
> That's strange, I don't see why it should behave differently. Anyway
> I've added an exclude for it (this was already done for rat and clirr).
> This time I installed the same versions you used to build it, so next
> time it should be successful. Sorry for being lazy last time...

Many thanks, Dennis.

I see the checkstyle plugin has a failOnViolation flag which is *true*
per default. Should we set it to *false* (this would be my preference).

I will leave the vote open for now. To make it clear: There is no
problem with the artifacts, they are fully compatible with Java 1.6.
There is only an issue when building with 1.6 which should not affect
many users.

However, I am skeptical whether this vote will pass.

Oliver