commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5/7] [math] Fix "FastMath#round(..)" to comply to changed contract of "Math#round()" in Java 8
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 11:14:18 GMT
Le 8/08/2016 à 00:42, Gilles a écrit :

> In CM, the usage was to not use "import static".

You should make an exception for the unit tests, otherwise the JUnit 4
syntax is too verbose (and JUnit 4 was designed with static imports in
mind).

> Excerpts from "CONTRIBUTING.md":
> + Create a topic branch from where you want to base your work (this is
> usually the develop/trunk branch).

This is too complicated for simple changes. Topic branches are
interesting for long lived branches involving many modifications needing
review. Forcing a topic branch for any modification is a hassle.

If you want Commons Math to be welcoming to new contributors you should
consider relaxing the workflow constraints.

> If there is a JIRA report, the log must indeed make it straightforward
> to find it.

I agree, but is this case I noticed the issue in JIRA after pushing the
changes.

Emmanuel Bourg