commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [MATH]: Current state of project?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 20:55:29 GMT

[orcmid]

It's not clear to me whether that is actually true.  I think it will vary.  It might be easier
because of the specificity of the incubating project's scope and focus.  But, once an ASF
committer, always an ASF committer, whether first invited to a podling or to a top-level-project.
 That does not make one a committer on a particular project (other than Commons and, perhaps
still, Incubator, for the PPMC avenue), so there is still a matter of merit and gaining karma
elsewhere.  I think that, culturally, this is observed by Members too, even though there might
not be any mechanical barrier.

Is that accurate?

I agree there is the matter of who is interested in particular Commons subprojects, including
under Math, where there is specialized domain knowledge involved.