commons-dev mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [CRYPTO]1.0.0 Release Plan
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 18:08:34 GMT
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:34 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> However bundling multiple native binaries is going to make it tricky to release.
> How will it be done? The native parts will have to be built separately
> and then combined somehow.

The way I'd do it is to have separate artifacts for each native
library, and then a final job that merges all those into a final
"commons-crypto-all" artifact containing all the native libraries.
That would mean a single artifact ultimately deployed as part of a
commons-crypto release, but I don't know how easy it is to pull that
off as far as build infrastructure goes.

Another option is to actually deploy each native artifact separately,
and have the "all" artifact be just a dummy artifact that depends on
all the others; so no jar merging or anything. That might be easier.
Maybe.

--
Marcelo