commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sun, Dapeng" <dapeng....@intel.com>
Subject RE: [CRYPTO]1.0.0 Release Plan
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:20:23 GMT
Separating artifacts for each native library, I think it should be same as copying the native
binary files. We also need to collect the artifacts for unpacking and bundling.

About using the 'all' artifact, users may be confused about downloading the artifacts for
all the different platforms, especially for the platforms they don't need.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcelo Vanzin [mailto:vanzin@cloudera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 2:09 AM
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [CRYPTO]1.0.0 Release Plan

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 2:34 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> However bundling multiple native binaries is going to make it tricky to release.
> How will it be done? The native parts will have to be built separately
> and then combined somehow.

The way I'd do it is to have separate artifacts for each native library, and then a final
job that merges all those into a final "commons-crypto-all" artifact containing all the native
libraries.
That would mean a single artifact ultimately deployed as part of a commons-crypto release,
but I don't know how easy it is to pull that off as far as build infrastructure goes.

Another option is to actually deploy each native artifact separately, and have the "all" artifact
be just a dummy artifact that depends on all the others; so no jar merging or anything. That
might be easier.
Maybe.

--
Marcelo