commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What to do about [OGNL]?
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 16:52:07 GMT
On 03/07/2016 15:03, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> schrieb am So., 3. Juli 2016 um
> 01:27 Uhr:
>
>> Le 2/07/2016 à 21:15, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
>>
>>> currently nobody seems to be pushing [ognl]. However the original project
>>> on GitHub seems to be pretty active [1] - the last release was published
>>> just three days ago. This gives me the impression that the project never
>>> really joined Apache Commons. Do we need to act?
>>
>> The README file on GitHub states:
>>
>> "The code base sometime ago was migrated to the Apache commons ognl and
>> this source code is used just to maintenance 3.x branch. The new version
>> from Apache will start from 4.x"

At the moment, all the development activity is happening at GitHub yet
the ASF Jira instance is being used to track it. This is not a
transitional state. It has been like this for years. It is simply not on.

>> We could suggest Lukasz to bring the 3.x maintenance at Apache Commons.
>> I suspect moving OGNL to Git would be a prerequisite.
>>

> This would require a change of the maven and package coordinates which
> effectively would be a 4.x

There either needs to be a clear declaration from those involved with
OGNL of their intention to complete the move of OGNL to Commons (and
evidence of real action to undertake that move) or Commons OGNL needs to
be shutdown.

Mark