commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [crypto] On Java 6, really?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 20:24:13 GMT
I really don’t think the premier & extended support dates should really mean much, except
as an indicator of how many users of that version might still exist.  Basically, no new features
are going to be added to Java so I don’t think we should be targeting new features there
either. If there is a bug that needs to be fixed it should be possible to do it on a branch
of the the release for that version of Java.  The web site should clearly indicate which versions
of the component support the appropriate Java versions.

Ralph