commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Commons Math to TLP (again)...
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2016 18:56:10 GMT
On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 10:39 AM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com>
wrote:

> We would take math through the incubator in order to build community around
> it first. If we fail to do so, then we can decide its fate at that time. We
> haven't done a good job attracting new people to math here at all. It has
> always been maintained primarily by a select few.

It made sense to me when there were 6 committers working on Math, but I
think given the exodus of most of those people to hipparchus then it would
be better to wait a while for the dust to settle to see what happens with
Math.

I also don't think the incubator is a good place for starting a community
from scratch (i.e. one or two man projects) - if you have a nucleus of at
least a few people, then it has much better chance of success.

So for me, I'm -1 unless there are enough Mathematicians who want to work
on the code to give it a chance as an incubator project.

Niall