commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reformatting commons-io to single code style ?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:18:19 GMT
On 27 June 2016 at 09:09, Kristian Rosenvold <krosenvold@apache.org> wrote:
> This has probably been discussed a million times before, so I'll keep
> it short. commons-io has wonderfully inconsistent code style even
> within individual code files.
>
> Once the move to git completes, I'd like to reformat the entire code
> base (including javadoc) to a single style. I don't really care which
> style, my OCD is about consistency, not about which particular style
> is in use :)
>
> (Is there any kind of intelliJ code style file for commons ?)
>
> Sorry for disturbing the hornets :)

-1

This causes lots of grief when trying to track where a particular
section of code was introduced.

Likewise so does reorganising methods alphabetically.

If the code in a particular source file is really badly mangled then
it's worth standardising it internally, but IMO it's
counter-productive to reformat everything.