commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MATH] what a commons-TLP split could look like
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 13:07:57 GMT
On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Maybe. That could depend on whether there is anyone at Commons that would want to participate
in the component. Another option is to follow the pattern used by httpclient. I believe they
took the last version of commons httpclient and left a pointer to it in their new web site.
But what followed as a TLP was completely different and wasn’t binary compatible. The community
seemed to be completely fine with that.

Quite right. But I definitely cannot imagine anyone desiring three
development lines (Hipparchus, a fork outside Commons, and a component
inside).

Jochen