commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sun, Dapeng" <dapeng....@intel.com>
Subject RE: [CRYPTO]1.0.0 Release Plan
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 09:08:12 GMT
Hi all,

Thank all for helping review CRYPTO from different angles.

According the number of jira remaining issues, I prefer to start the thread for rolling a
RC at June 29th(Next Wednesday). Please feel free to let me know if you have any concern about
it.

Regards
Dapeng

-----Original Message-----
From: Sun, Dapeng [mailto:dapeng.sun@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 5:14 PM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: [CRYPTO]1.0.0 Release Plan

Hello,

Apache Commons CRYPTO was established at May 9, 2016[1], There are presently numbers of resolved
issues fix in CRYPTO[2]. Recently, we also fixed the legal issue[3].

With the first release, we can begin to promote CRYPTO to other Apache components, like Apache
Hadoop, Apache Spark, so that they can benefit the higher performance improvement from Apache
Commons Crypto.

We plan the following three opening features to next release(I think it should be 1.1.0):
GCM support[4], JNACipher implementation[5] and benchmark tool[6]. Please let me know if there
is anything need to be done before the release.

Regards
Dapeng

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCAB917RJkcNYL4KeRJTo%3D5F7P3A4iyME0TA40GNmuU4RLs5N4KQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[2] http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310464&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&status=5&status=6