commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brosius <dbros...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [bcel] Deprecated InstructionConstants
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 10:20:52 GMT
Commons should be happy to ignore compatibility, update to 1.8, change
package and maven coordinates, change interfaces to take advantage of
generics, become a modern code base. Staying in the 1.5 world, BCEL,
which is already dying, will die. No competent developer coming in from
the outside will look at BCEL and say, now _that_ is something i want to
work on.

This was the plan all along, and then someone came along and said, why
are we breaking backwards compatibility, and undid everything.

This is a major version, can we please move forward.