commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JCS] Failing Tests in JCS Core
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:21:38 GMT
On 19.06.16 10:47, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have failing tests on Jenkins for JCS [1]. Does anybody know what caused
> this?
>
> Regards,
> Benedikt
>
> [1]
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Apache%20Commons/job/commons-jcs/159/org.apache.commons$commons-jcs-core/console

The different systems I have access to do not show this problem. So I'm
not able to reproduce it. One of the failing tests hints that there is
no site-local address available in the Jenkins system, IOW no adapter
exists for which inetAddr.isSiteLocalAddress() returns true.

Now the question is if that actually should be subject of a library test
at all because it actually tests the correctness of a system
configuration and not the library. I'm tempted to remove/disable the
tests. WDYT?

Bye, Thomas.