commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move Commons Math to TLP (again)...
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 19:47:17 GMT

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 12:11 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't see the need for a consensus. If some people want to write an
> incubator proposal, they can write it. If they can sell it to the
> incubator, they have a podling. Meanwhile, the code remains Apache
> Licensed, and anyone who wants to commit things to it back here can do
> that. Eventually, there would need to be a split of java package names
> and maven coordinates.

While true, I think Dennis’ suggestion is more likely to succeed.  Draft a proposal and
modify it until you can get a large enough community around it to make it be something the
incubator (or board) would approve.  All of Commons doesn’t need to agree on it, only those
who choose to sign their names to it.

Ralph