commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Busbey"<bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] NOTICE required for Jackrabbit's JcrUtils? (was: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc2)
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 15:21:23 GMT

On 2016-05-16 08:29, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
> +cc busbey (in case he misses this discuss, otherwise)
>
> Does this make sense to you? I'm sure you have a better understanding
> than I do at the fringes of licensing @ the ASF :)
>
> tl;dr Those copied files from jackrabbit were added after the code was
> already graduated from Incubator, thus, the original "spirit" of the
> NOTICE (being that *some* code came from "Day Software") is definitively
> known to not apply.

I replied on the JIRA, but for completeness I'll paraphrase here.

It sounds like we have everything covered for NOTICE about the JackRabbit sources. I'd recommend
adding a comment to the copied files that points at VFS-611 so that in future reviews there's
an easy indicator that we've done due diligence.

Thanks everyone for taking care of this promptly!

--
busbey