commons-dev mailing list archives

From e...@zusammenkunft.net
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons-VFS2 2.1 rc0
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 00:36:14 GMT
Hello,

Agree, the sandbox profile should be in the site build enabled, but we cannot distribute the
binaries as official release since it has dependencies which are not Apache approved (and
potentially unfinished suff).

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org>
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Di., 03 Mai 2016 2:33
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons-VFS2 2.1 rc0

I had just tried to make sure it was included in the build because I
assumed that it was meant to be released :)

It's becoming apparent that was inaccurate.

Ralph Goers wrote:
> As I recall 2.0 did not really include sandbox as part of the release because we didn’t
want to officially support the sandbox components. They might have been included in the source
distribution though. But these emails make it sound like it is exactly the opposite of what
I would have expected.

> Ralph
>
>> On May 2, 2016, at 6:35 AM, Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>> sebb wrote:
>>> The "Download and Build" page is more suitable for developers than end
>>> users (especially if it points to trunk, which is not voted on) so
>>> should not be the primary download page.
>>>
>>> Also there seem to be two identical copies of each of the non-Maven
>>> release artifacts:
>>> commons-vfs-2.1-bin
>>> and