commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject US Export classification & ECCN registration for encryption in commons?
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 12:35:03 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for spotting this..

Apache Commons Crypto  is not listed on
http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ - does it need to be?  (One
would assume so..)

Also it was raised that Commons VFS depends on Bouncy Castle/Apache
Mina/Jetty/SSHD/Hadoop/jsch and has encryption binding for AES128 -
perhaps that also needs to be listed and registered?

We only have listed:

Commons Compress
Commons OpenPGP

See guidance on
http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

BTW - I've raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-250 to
see if merely using a listed source as a Maven <dependency> means you
also are classified - or if you would need to also bundle the
dependency's binary (which I think we don't do).

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718