commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1744732 - in /commons/proper/codec/trunk: build.properties.sample build.xml default.properties
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 18:19:15 GMT
FWIW, Fedora (and CentOS 7) now has xmvn for building jars using maven, but
which resolves maven deps using locally installed RPMs. In fact, CentOS 7
has better support for maven builds this way than it does for ant builds. I
can only speak about Fedora/CentOS stuff, because that's what I use and
contribute to, but I think it will be less and less important to try to
support both in downstream distros, as more downstream distros catch up
with the build tooling.