commons-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net>
Subject [Math] Adding min/max and argmin/argmax values for an arrays of double/int (Comparable).
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 21:05:55 GMT
Hi.

Lately working w/ Apache Commons Math, library I've found myself
implementing functions which given an array of either doubles of integers
return the min or max value among all elements of an array. Moreover I've
added an argmin/argmin functions as well, which for given array of
double/int values return an index of min/max element within that array.

Since I didn't find such functions available in the project, I'm willing to
contribute these function into the framework and was curious whenever it's
usable? Also what should be the right place to put these functions? I've
added them as static method for MathArrays class, however not 100% sure
this is the right place.

Think further about these functions, I can easily make them work w/
instances of Comparable interface of accept Comparator<T> as second
parameter.

What should be the right way to handle this?

Best regards,
                      Artem Barger.