commons-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] Final steps for 2.1
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 14:39:58 GMT

Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Hello Josh,
>
> Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>  schrieb am Fr., 20. Mai 2016 um 05:28 Uhr:
>
>> >  One more (final?) snafu: turns out I used the "wrong" name for the
>> >  artifacts in dist.a.o which caused the website to have the wrong links.
>> >
>> >  Just corrected that, sadly the website will continue to be a little off
>> >  for another 24hrs. These are some more places that the docs could use
>> >  some help (I knew what needed to be done already, but, obviously, I
>> >  didn't do it quite right on my own).
>> >

> Are you talking about [1]? Please add any improvements you find necessary.
> I've done it so often that I'm probably unaware of little inconsistencies.
> :-)
>
> Benedikt
>
> [1]http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html

Well, the problem this time is the inconsistency between what file names
that Maven generates and what the website is expecting the names to be
(notably the "-distribution" for both binary and source releases and a
"-bin" for the binary release are present built by Maven, but not
expected by the website).

I think this is ultimately something else that should be fixed in the
Maven build (rather than docs) now that I give it some more thought.
Ideally, we just create all of the files with the correct name during
the build and we don't touch them after that :)