commons-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The state of 2.1
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 13:32:23 GMT
Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I assume you mean Commons VFS 2.1.
>
> The second release candidate was effectively pulled because we were
> missing a LICENSE/NOTICE entry:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Zif1iomxs7u25tt
>
> This should be trivial to fix, but also important to get right legally.
>

> I assume Josh Elser (as the Release Manager for this candidate) will
> formally mark the 2.1 RC2  thread as [CANCELLED] and then we can
> prepare a new RC3 for voting.
>
> ..but be aware that many Apache committers have been involved with
> ApacheCon which just finished last Friday, so folks probably have lots
> of things to catch up on.
>
> On 16 May 2016 at 01:45, Dmitry Goldenberg<dgoldenberg123@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could someone summarize the state of the VOTE for 2.1?
>>
>> Thank you.

Yeah, had a busy end of week and weekend, so I didn't have any time to
sit down in front of a computer and hash this all out. I pinged busbey
(the original reporter of the issue) to make sure he has visibility of
the assessment of the situation. Your legwork has been great and makes
sense to me, Stian.

Hopefully we can proceed with RC2, but it would be pretty easy to add
that new line to NOTICE and roll an RC3 if necessary.