commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Dist layout change to per version directories
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 01:04:21 GMT
On 18 April 2016 at 12:22, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 18/04/2016 12:56, sebb a écrit :
>
>> Why is that?
>
> Because there is no reason to use the Maven artifactId here, the
> distribution directory isn't a Maven repository.

However the distribution naming convention needs to distinguish
between releases using different Java packages.

Since there must be a 1-1 mapping between Maven gid+aid and Java
packages, using the Maven aid is convenient.

Otherwise we would need to define a different naming convention for
the dist archives.

> That's the same
> reasoning for the -bin and -src files, commons-lang3-3.4 can be mistaken
> for commons-lang 3.3.4.

So how do you suggest fixing that problem?