commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC2
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2016 09:30:00 GMT
On 3 April 2016 at 06:01, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2016-04-03, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>
>> Could we delete the tag 1.11-RC1 now?
>
> AFAIR we keep all tags, even those for failed RC votes.

Sometimes tags are withdrawn before a vote is called; I think it's OK
to delete those, but it's best not to re-use the name.
So the first vote might be called on RC3 ...

For tags that have been used in a vote, we should certainly keep them
until the end of the vote as it makes diffing easier.

However I'm not sure that it is necessary to keep superseded tags once
the vote is complete.
As long as the tag URL and revision are in the vote e-mail, the
contents of such tags can still be reconstructed.
So I would be OK with removing such tags *after* the vote.