commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Missing -bin suffixes for some modules in dist.apache.org
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 21:27:46 GMT
Well, if we move to the new layout without binaries/ and sources/
subfolders, (see other thread), then the filenames should include -src and
-bin so it is obvious which is which.

In most (modern) cases such dist files are made by the assembly plugin from
Maven, in which case that config needs to be fixed if it generates the
"wrong" filename, ready for the next release.

I am not suggesting a new release of say bsf just to fix the generated
filename :)