commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] 2.1 Release Plan
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:45:12 GMT
Not to derail the conversation, but my opinion is (and has been for several years) that VFS
3.0 should be modified to use java.nio.file.FileSystem and FileStore. I don’t think it makes
much sense for VFS to have its own constructs any more.

Ralph

> On Apr 28, 2016, at 3:41 PM, ecki@zusammenkunft.net wrote:
>
> The components have been updated multiple times. The more we modernize it (including
new java version) the less useful the release will be as a drop-in replacement for 2.0. I
had the impression some bug reporters would like that. (Just for the record I wondered about
having an additional a 2.0.1. Branch but I doubt we find resources for that painful task).
It would allow us to release 3.0 (with java 8)...

> If we try to stick to 2.1 I would not do (more) dependency upgrades and Java 7 later
(having said that we already switched to java 6 but that offers way more important features
than we wohld use in 7 (what java 7 feature you would want to use?)