commons-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VFS] 2.1 Release Plan
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 22:05:01 GMT
Thanks for the great details, Bernd. Some questions/comments:

I hadn't even stumbled across VFS-570 due to its lack of fixVersion=2.1.
Are there more that need to be correctly tagged which could potentially
block the release of 2.1?

I'm not sure I follow you about the concern of using
maven-release-plugin with a multi-module maven project. This works just
fine (@see other Apache maven projects I'm involved in). If there are
demons laying in wait, I can knock them out as I find them.

Are there instructions on running clirr? I'm not familiar with the tool
(and I don't see any configuration in the top-level pom.xml).

Do you have the karma to make a 2.2 version on JIRA? That'd be a nice
help to start moving stuff out of 2.1 (as well as make sure things
sitting in Patch Available don't get forgotten). I would lean towards
the side of only putting bug-fixes into a 2.1.1 and preferring towards
any new features/changes into a 2.2 (to closer follow the definition of
semver). We presently have 3 major and 1 minor version unresolved for
fixVersion=2.1 -- these where the issues I previously referred to that I
felt OK bumping out as well.

Gary -- "BC breakage" == base-class breakage? As in: the common
base-class for all of the VFS Providers has changed (and would require
changes from anyone downstream that has built their own)?

I can try to start pounding on an initial RC in the evenings this week.
I'll be sure to reach out as I need some more help/karma ;)